IsixRTOS Open Source Free Realtime operating system
IsixRTOS is a small realtime and opensource operating system written by our team. ISIX is a complete development environment for embedded applications including: tiny kernel, peripheral drivers, integrated TCP/IP stack (LWIP), USB host and device stack, PPP driver etc. It is designed to be small enough to run on a microcontroller, but unlike similar systems it is flexible. The number of tasks and synchronization primitives are limited only by the available memory footprint. The core is written in ANSI C but C++ is fully supported.
- Small memory footprint Flash: 8kB
- RAM: 256b+128b per task on ARMv7m architecture.
- unlimited number of tasks / priorities limited only by available memory.
- Easily portable for any architecture.
- Written in C, but C++ is fully supported (including exceptions, vectors)
- OS objects: tasks / queues / semaphores/ mutexes / events.
- Dedicated and optimized toolchain based on GCC.
Connectivity and drivers
- TCP/IP stack (LWIP) integrated.
- TLS/SSL connections (mbedTLS).
- Ethernet and PPP drivers (GSM).
- USB host stack.
- USB device stack.
- SD card storage driver SDIO/SPI mode.
- I2S audio drivers.
- I2C/SPI/Serial drivers.
- MicroGUI – tiny framework for graphics applications development.
- FsEnv – tiny file system for store configuration data in the flash memory.
- EmeterLib – 3-phase, full quadrant energy meter library.
- DSPLib – typical DSP algorithms for embeded systems.
IsixRTOS kernel is provided under the LGPLv3 (with linking exception) open source license. Source code is available on public repository.